My page: http://www.bmycharity.com/LondontoJohannesburg
Raised so far
|Total Raised online:||£6,368.25|
|Total Raised offline:||£80.00|
|Onne de Boer||£20.00||£0.00|
Hello and Welcome from An Idiot got Bored. The Slow way Down.
London to Johannesburg 25,000kms on a Suzuki 125 cc motorcycle!!! Departed from The Biker Store, Blindley Heath, on Saturday September 14th 2013, crossing at least 19 countries, mountain ranges, deserts and areas of severe famine and conflict. In total covering some 25,000 km.!!
This challenge will be undertaken solo and completely unsupported. Just me, a 125 cc bike and whatever I can carry on it.!!! I am doing this for our brave Service Men and Women, who have been wounded, often losing arms and legs. Can you imagine that?
LOOK FOR THE DONATE BUTTON. DONATE AMOUNT CAN BE CHANGED. A fiver a tenner, a thousand of the Queen's pounds or some land in St.Lucia, I don't mind it ALL counts :).
I shall be updating a blog at http://anidiotgotbored.blogspot.co.uk/ regularly during the challenge with details of the journey, media and sponsors (If you run a business and would like to be part of this challenge, drop me an email at email@example.com
You can also follow me on Twitter @LondontoJoburg The costs of this epic challenge are massive, over £20,000. I NEED HELP! Donations can be made by visiting the blog page http://anidiotgotbored.blogspot.co.uk/ and looking for the Team Fuel Fund donate button under the Africa map! But make your donation to Help 4 Heroes with the button on this page first!!
Once on the road, track and desert, I shall be blogging and putting up photos and shaky video footage. I am donating my time, money and effort to doing this mammoth challenge. All for our wounded Service Men and Women. What are YOU prepared to Donate???
Many thanks to:
- Soldier Magazine: For the feature!
- Kendall Van Hire: Provided a Ford Transit van to collect the newly purchased Suzuki RV125 from Southampton.Total cost hire cost? A tenner!!!! Big thank you to Mark at their Guildford branch ,for your support for the challenge and on Facebook!:
- Suzuki Haslemere: Sponsor the challenge with some great assistance from the Service Department. Mark & Tom,legends!!
- P & P Seats: They sponsored me a great non slip cover. Ask for Penny and mention An Idiot got Bored.
- The Biker Store: I kid you not, book the afternoon off. They've got every bit of kit you can think of!
- Task Force Distribution: Scott decided to sponsor me a pair of Lowa Zepher Hi GTX. Best boots out there!
- Donors: All of you out there who have supported and continue to support me!
Latest News 6 February 2014 Will is now in Calabar Nigeria on the border with Cameroon! Any donations for repairs/medical to the Team Fuel Fund (see above) would be more than welcome!!
Many thanks to all who have helped me and continue to do so! Will Moore
Additional Information here:
About Help for Heroes
What is H4H all about? It's about the blokes, our men and women of the Armed Forces. It's about Derek, a rugby player who has lost both his legs, it about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw. It's about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he lay on the stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife. It's about Ben, it's about Steven and Andy and Mark, it's about them all. They are just blokes but they are our blokes; they are our heroes. We want to help our heroes.
Please note, the Bmycharity website will be closing on 31st December 2015. Help for Heroes can no longer create new fundraising pages (however, donations to existing pages are accepted until the closure). If you would like to create a fundraising page in support of H4H, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/helpforheroes/
If you have any questions at all, or want to talk through the transition process, please contact Bmycharity on 01980 846459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FIND OUT MORE